BULK LAMB & GOAT PURCHASES
Our lambs & goats are grass-fed from birth on 220 acres of Certified-Organic perennial pasture. Both the lambs & goats are offered free choice to trace mineral salt mix & OMRI-certified kelp from the sea.
Lambs are “grazers” and able to sustain themselves well on a diet of pure leafy greens. As such, Mint Creek lambs are all 100% grass-fed. After over twenty years of raising sheep on our Illinois pastureland, we’ve developed a Mint Creek breed of sheep. This special Mint Creek crossbreed has been influenced by many different sheep breeds including East Friesan, Dorset, Texel, Cheviot, Barbados, Southdown, Hampshire, Suffolk, & Dorper breeds. The signature Mint Creek sheep is excellent at pasture foraging, hearty in constitution, smaller & leaner than the average meat sheep, and far tastier.
Goats are “browsers” requiring more coarse plants, shrubs, & bark. On the terrain of Mint Creek, organic oats in the hull fulfill the dietary role of course plants in the goats’ diets. Our goats are mostly crosses between Kiko, Boer, & Alpine goats. The meat from Mint Creek goats is exceptionally lean as well as mild & herbal in flavor.
WHOLE LAMB and GOAT
A WHOLE lamb or goat will yield approximately 34 pounds of meat cuts once it has been custom cut & packaged. We are happy to adjust the cut list to your needs as long as it reflects the use of the whole animal. Just email us your special requests if you are interested in a wider custom cutting selection. (For instance, you can request all bone-in cuts, or get more sections of your lamb or goat cubed or ground, if desired.)
- 8 leg steaks (0.75lb each) or 1 whole leg roast
- 6 boneless stew meat (1lb packages) or 1 whole shoulder roast
- 2 packages spare ribs (2 slabs per pack)
- 4 loin chops (4 chops per pack) or 1 loin roast
- 4 rack chops (4 chops per pack) or 1 whole rack
- 2 package neck chops (3-4 chops per pack)
- 2 shanks (2 shanks per pack)
- 6 ground (1 lb packages)
- *includes optional soup bones & organs if requested*
Whole lamb/goat 34 lbs meat cuts x $16.62 per pound = $565 Butcher's Fee: $90 Total: $655
HALF of A LAMB OR GOAT
HALF of a Mint Creek lamb or goat will yield approximately 17 pounds of meat once it has been custom cut & packaged.
Half lamb or goat - approximately 17 lbs meat cuts x $18.24 per pound = $310, Butcher's Fee: $45, Total: $355
- Half Lamb/Goat Standard Cut List:
- 4 leg steaks (0.75lb each) or 1 whole leg roast
- 3 boneless stew meat (1lb package) or 1 whole shoulder roast
- 1 packages spare ribs (2 slabs per pack)
- 2 loin chops (4 chops per pack) or 1 loin roast
- 2 rack chops (4 chops per pack) or 1 whole rack
- 1 package neck chops (3-4 chops per pack)
- 1 shanks (2 shanks per pack)
- 3 ground (1 lb packages)
*includes optional soup bones & organs if requested*
WANT TO CUT UP THE MEAT YOURSELF? Get a whole, slaughtered, skinned, gutted, six day dry aged lamb or goat delivered to you and try your hand at home meat cutting for a substantial discount. We can have it quartered for no extra charge.
Whole lamb or goat -- approx 45lbs x $9.67 pound = $435, Butcher's Fee (For slaughter only): $15, Total: $450